We provide a free pick-up service for your old furniture, mattresses, whitegoods, e-waste and more.
This free service is available every week to all City of Sydney residents. Collection days depend on where you live and bookings are essential.
Please see below for items that we will and won’t pick-up and how to prepare your items for collection.
For items we can’t collect, please check for alternative disposal options.
If you live in an apartment, ask your building manager or caretaker to make a booking.
Indicates response required
Cancel or change your booking
If you have previously booked a pick-up at this address but need to change or cancel the booking:
- Please enter the reference number (looks like OBG0012345) from your confirmation message
- To change details of a pick-up you will need to cancel the old booking then continue to make a new booking
Sorry, we cannot find a record of that booking for this residential address.
Please check the details entered are correct.
Sorry, that booking has already been assigned to a collector, it is too late to cancel.
Sorry, that booking has already been cancelled.
Sorry, please enter residential address first.
Your booking record has been successfully cancelled.
You need to complete your booking by 2pm the business day before collection.
The dates shown below are the dates currently available for your booked collection.
Select your preferred collection date below.
- Mattresses in any size and condition, and any type such as foam, latex and futon.
- Bed base ensemble (these are fabric-covered bed bases).
Bulky household items and furniture
- Household furniture: tables, chairs, sofas/lounges, wardrobes, bookshelves, desks, drawers, cabinets, wooden bedheads, bedframes, bed slats and cots.
- Mats and rugs. Cut large rugs into 1m lengths, roll and tie them with string or tape.
- Wooden barbecues - barbecues with both wooden and metal parts.
- Garden and outdoor furniture.
- Small and loose household goods: toys, strollers, prams, baby seats, suitcases, crockery, posts and pans. Loose items must be in boxes.
- Garden waste: branches, plants. Branches shouldn't be more than 1m long or 10cm thick, and loose items must be bundled and securely tied.
Metal, whitegoods and e-waste
- Whitegoods and large metal appliances: fridges, washing machines, dryers, dishwashers, ovens, metal heaters and hot water systems.
- Sporting and gym equipment: bikes, trampolines, weight benches and treadmills.
- Steel ladders.
- Lawnmowers (empty of fuel).
- Metal barbecues - barbecues made from metal only (we pick up barbecues with wooden parts but please book them under Bulky household items and furniture. They go to different facilities).
- Metal bedheads and bedframes - made from metal only (please book wooden bedheads, bedframes and bed slats under Bulky household items and furniture. They go to different facilities.).
- New e-waste - please book a number of small items together
- Electronics: TVs, computers and laptops, monitors, lamps, stereos, printers, gaming consoles, DVD players and video recorders.
- Small household appliances: vacuum cleaners, toasters, mixer, blender, kettles, heaters, irons, coffee machines, ironing boards and pedestal fans.
We don't pick-up
Any of these items placed out won’t be picked-up and may result in a fine.
- Bags / bagged rubbish of any type (including food and general waste).
- Car parts, car tyres, car batteries.
- Building, renovation or demolition material: carpet, carpet off-cuts, bricks, rubble, dirt, pipes, roofing panels, doors, plasterboard, floor or roof tiles, girders, timber, fencing or wooden pallets, baths, kitchen cupboards, built-in wardrobes, toilets, cisterns and kitchen sinks.
- Household chemicals: paints, oils, flammable liquids, poisons, pesticides, household and pool cleaners, motor oil or cooking oil, fluorescent lights, gas bottles or fire extinguishers. These can be recycled at a Household Chemical CleanOut collection.
- Commercial waste including milk or bread crates.
- Heavy / extra-large items: tree stumps, logs, trunks or branches thicker than 10cm (our trucks can’t handle them). Material over 1.5m long or 100kg heavy.
- Keep your collection to 1 cubic metre per booking, or 4 cubic metres for apartments.
- Make sure all items (except metal goods) are less than 1.5m long and 100kg.